Dear community, #togtherwearestrong was lived more than ever in 2021. While the first half of the year was still focused on digital events, we were able to enjoy personal encounters again in the second half of the year. We have packed the challenging year into a few figures for you. A thank you goes to everyone who was there, was involved and supported us.
- In our community, more than 3,500 event professionals and 1,400 companies pool their synergies and expertise.
We were able to activate a total of 1,159 event professionals at four live events and 17 digital events. 26 % of them were exhibitors and partners, 74 % of them trade visitors. 76 % of the exhibitors came from Germany, 24 % from abroad. 184 diverse location we got to know on our tours and forums. More than 34 partners from direction, organisation, technology, catering, decoration, entertainment ensured that our events remain in the best memory for visitors and exhibitors alike. 65 speakers captivated our participants with exciting content in 451 cues.
- The visitor who travelled the furthest came from Israel.
- With BIBER SERVICE, our first start-up is among the exhibitors. And with the beaver mascot also the cuddliest 🙂
- With MEET EUROPE a new brand has entered the event market, we are happy about the first event in Switzerland with our partners Switzerland Convention & Incentive Bureau (SCIB), Zurich Tourism and [time change]. And welcomed our first Hosted Buyer Group at IMEX America.
- We captured our summits and events in 1972 photos.
- We welcomed six exciting personalities in our podcast.
- We commiserated with 20 industry friends at our Fuck-up Friday.
- Our team grew to nine members.
- In 2021, we had 251 morning meetings.
- Our favourite dishes at team lunches are pizza, pasta and salad.
- Our favourite calories were at Lindt Home of Chocolate. Or for humorous and brave gourmets at the Umweltarena Zurich – at Grasshoppers and Mealworms.
- Three of the most beautiful views were in Berlin from the French Cathedral and the Axica, and in Switzerland from The Dolder Grand.
- Rarely has there been such an exclusive glass of sparkling wine in the airport environment: FRALounge.
- Carnival with a difference? That was the case this year at the stand of the Düsseldorf Convention Office at IMEX America. Right on time at 11:11 a.m. on 11.11 a.m. in Las Vegas, there were insights into the lifestyle on the Rhine. The confetti was not so much about the 5th season, but about the opportunity to exchange ideas on a professional level again.
The best reunion? With our community – whether live or digitally.
At the end of the year, we take you behind the scenes of MEET GERMANY. Smile with us at the one or other snapshot that we usually keep well hidden. >> here you can find the happy team album 2021