On the site of the former Bötzow brewery waiting from September / October 1700 m² to be discovered, the new event location DEEP!
A new venue with state-of-the-art infrastructure for extraordinary events, conferences, meetings and streams in a class of its own with full-service technical equipment, contemporary furniture and modern, urban catering.
The significant architecture of the Bötzow Areal was carefully refurbished and perfected in exceptional design by Chipperfield Architects.
A spectacular, breathtaking columned cathedral with seven-meter ceilings on the second underground level, 800 square meters in size, forms the heart of the subterranean event ensemble with a total of 1400 square meters of guest space.
In addition, as an architectural masterpiece, a 250 sqm area was newly created which, with its contemporary concrete look, forms an unconventional symbiosis with the historic walls.
A private city garden with modern art in a creative environment completes this special place for top-class events.
In the 1870s, Julius Bötzow opened Berlin’s most modern brewery at 247 Prenzlauer Allee in today’s Kollwitzkiez. Part of the complex is a 4000 square meter storage cellar and a beer garden for about 6000 people.
The Bötzow beer enjoyed great popularity and soon Julius Bötzow was allowed to call himself the first “Purveyor to the Court of His Majesty the King of Prussia“.
In the course of the Second World War, many parts of the factory building were destroyed, including the family villa and the taproom building.
Legend has it that the then managing director rescued two crocodiles from the Berlin Zoo before the war and hid them in the brewery’s fermentation tank. They may still be in the old cellar vaults of the building.
In the 1990s, techno-loving party animals found the cellar vaults of the destroyed building a place for many illegal parties.
In 2011 the starting signal was given to bring the “Sleeping Beauty” back to life and so now the event location Deep finds its place on the large area.
Prenzlauer avenue 242 -247
Phone: 0175 346 51 65